UPDATE: FHP reports at 8:57a that Alligator Alley has reopened.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Florida Highway Patrol) — The Florida Highway Patrol is in the process of closing I75 (Alligator Alley) from mile marker 101 (County Road 951) in Collier County to mile marker 23 (US 27) in Broward County due to reduced visibility (fog). The entrance and exit ramps at mile marker 80 (State Road 29) are in the process of being closed as well. Please advise all motorist to drive cautiously and to seek an alternate route of travel.
An eastbound alternate route of travel will be from exit 101 (CR 951) south to eastbound US 41 (Tamiami Trail). A westbound alternate route of travel will be south on US 27 to State Road 997 (Krome Avenue) then south on State Road 997 to westbound US 41.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct