BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The expectation of overpriced taxi rides in Palm Beach County is coming to an end, as county commissioners have approved an agreement with Uber. The deal runs through the fall — for now. If you live under a rock, Uber is the ultra popular ride sharing service that allows ride seekers to find a ride giver with the push of a button on an app.
Looking for a free first ride? Use the BocaNewsNow.com promo code: 3o95j
Here is the official Palm Beach County summary of the commission’s action:
Uber – approved a temporary operating agreement (TOA), effective through September 30, between the county and Rasier, LLC, a subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. The TOA allows Uber to operate a vehicle-for-hire company in Palm Beach County and sets forth the terms and conditions Uber agrees to comply with, including insurance, background checks, driver history reports and standards, and vehicle safety requirements.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed