BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The expectation of overpriced taxi rides in Palm Beach County is coming to an end, as county commissioners have approved an agreement with Uber. The deal runs through the fall — for now. If you live under a rock, Uber is the ultra popular ride sharing service that allows ride seekers to find a ride giver with the push of a button on an app.
Looking for a free first ride? Use the BocaNewsNow.com promo code: 3o95j
Here is the official Palm Beach County summary of the commission’s action:
Uber – approved a temporary operating agreement (TOA), effective through September 30, between the county and Rasier, LLC, a subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. The TOA allows Uber to operate a vehicle-for-hire company in Palm Beach County and sets forth the terms and conditions Uber agrees to comply with, including insurance, background checks, driver history reports and standards, and vehicle safety requirements.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified