BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The expectation of overpriced taxi rides in Palm Beach County is coming to an end, as county commissioners have approved an agreement with Uber. The deal runs through the fall — for now. If you live under a rock, Uber is the ultra popular ride sharing service that allows ride seekers to find a ride giver with the push of a button on an app.
Looking for a free first ride? Use the BocaNewsNow.com promo code: 3o95j
Here is the official Palm Beach County summary of the commission’s action:
Uber – approved a temporary operating agreement (TOA), effective through September 30, between the county and Rasier, LLC, a subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. The TOA allows Uber to operate a vehicle-for-hire company in Palm Beach County and sets forth the terms and conditions Uber agrees to comply with, including insurance, background checks, driver history reports and standards, and vehicle safety requirements.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GLADES ROAD CLOSES TONIGHT, WILL REMAIN CLOSED ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Your Escort Company May Have Just Been Busted By The Cops
- UBER SUED AFTER DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- OFFICIAL: Boca Raton Leaders Sworn-In During Organizational Meeting
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up