BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re heading to or from Naples today via Alligator Alley, you may need to find an alternate route. Heavy fog is forcing FHP to close the highway as of 10:50a. Check our live traffic link — above — for real time updates.
The Florida Highway Patrol is in the process of closing I75 (Alligator Alley) from mile marker 101 (County Road 951) in Collier County to mile marker 23 (US 27) in Broward County due to reduced visibility (fog). The entrance and exit ramps at mile marker 80 (State Road 29) are in the process of being closed as well. Please advise all motorist to drive cautiously and to seek an alternate route of travel.
An eastbound alternate route of travel will be from exit 101 (CR 951) south to eastbound US 41 (Tamiami Trail). A westbound alternate route of travel will be south on US 27 to State Road 997 (Krome Avenue) then south on State Road 997 to westbound US 41.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette