UPDATE: We had bad information! We’ve learned that West Boca will not be without access to a fast food fix. Wendy’s in the Shoppes at Loggers Run is merely rebuilding into the chain’s “Bistro” offering — an apparently nicer version of its former self. That means the Dunkin’ will, in fact, be building its own building. Expect construction to start in the next several months, although the exact location of the new store in the center is still unclear.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It appears the question of where the new Dunkin’ Donuts will be built in West Boca has been answered. Look no further than what was was Wendy’s just a few days ago. Construction crews are hard at work, presumably converting the burger place into a coffee and donuts place, with an expected opening of early 2016.
BocaNewsNow.com reported several weeks ago that the management company which oversees the Shoppes at Loggers Run announced that Dunkin’ Donuts would be building an “outparcel” location with a drive-thru. It now appears that Dunkin’ is rebuilding an existing building.
The location — just across from Logger’s Run Community Middle School — is expected to do quite well. The next closest coffee location is the Starbucks at 441 and Glades, with another Dunkin’ Donuts quite south of Palmetto Park Road on 441.
It is still unclear if “Purple Haze” — an e-cigarette store — is still set to open across from the middle school is still on track. Parents and community members are reportedly outraged that such a store would open close to a school, and that the management firm — Merin Hunter Codman — would permit it to happen.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High