BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From American Cancer Society) — The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of West Boca Raton invites the community to a Give Back Fundraiser which will be held all day 11:00am-midnight on Friday, March 20, 2015 at Hurricane Grill & Wings located in Mission Bay Plaza at 10125 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL. By presenting this flier, 20% of your purchase will be donated to the Relay for Life of West Boca Raton.
The Team Party will also be at the same location at Hurricane Grill & Wings in Mission Bay at 7:00pm on Friday, March 20, 2015. This meeting will provide team captains the opportunity to interact with the event committee, turn in funds raised thus far for Bank Night, share their fundraising progress, and ask questions they have concerning the event. Teams will be updated with new information regarding the event and will have the opportunity to share with the group their upcoming team fundraisers.
Team captains are responsible leading team members who share the same passion for finishing the fight against cancer. Team captains are also responsible for organizing the team’s fundraising efforts and participation in other activities regarding Relay For Life.
Since 1985, Relay For Life has developed from one man running around a track for 24 hours to an international event taking place in more than 6,100 communities and 20 countries.
Relay For Life events are held at an athletic track, park, or fairground, with the goal of keeping at least one team member on the track or pathway at all times. Teams do most of their fundraising prior to the event, but some teams also hold creative fundraisers at their sites at the event. Relay For Life brings together friends, families, businesses, hospitals, schools, and faith-based groups to finish the fight against cancer.
Relay For Life of West Boca Raton takes place from 12:00pm until 12:00am on May 2, 2015 at Olympic Heights High School located at 20101 Lyons Road in Boca Raton. The theme will be Kentucky Derby: Relay for a Cure.
For more information on Relay For Life or team meetings, please contact Jennifer De Gruccio at email@example.com or visit www.relayforlife.org/westbocaratonfl to register.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official