BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Commission confirms to BocaNewsNow.com that the victim of the Jet Ski accident Thursday in South County Regional Park has died. While no name is being released, the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner is investigating only one male death from Thursday: Joel DeLeon.
Rescuers rushed to one of the southern-most lakes in the park around 3pm Thursday following reports of a jet skier who drowned. Officials say the man was apparently with his jet ski on the shore when the jet ski drifted into the water. The man swam after the jet ski but never resurfaced. Nearly an hour later the victim was pulled from the murky lake and transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.
While the park borders the Everglades and is the frequent scene of Florida’s wildlife, there is no suggestion that an alligator was involved.
Here is one of the Facebook posts posted about Joel DeLeon:
The victim is officially identified as a 25 year old male. Here is a photograph of Joel DeLeon, from Facebook:
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida