BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Commission confirms to BocaNewsNow.com that the victim of the Jet Ski accident Thursday in South County Regional Park has died. While no name is being released, the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner is investigating only one male death from Thursday: Joel DeLeon.
Rescuers rushed to one of the southern-most lakes in the park around 3pm Thursday following reports of a jet skier who drowned. Officials say the man was apparently with his jet ski on the shore when the jet ski drifted into the water. The man swam after the jet ski but never resurfaced. Nearly an hour later the victim was pulled from the murky lake and transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.
While the park borders the Everglades and is the frequent scene of Florida’s wildlife, there is no suggestion that an alligator was involved.
Here is one of the Facebook posts posted about Joel DeLeon:
The victim is officially identified as a 25 year old male. Here is a photograph of Joel DeLeon, from Facebook:
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman