FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Urban warfare is coming to Broward County, and you won’t know it’s happening until you’re in the middle of it, or the traffic havoc it creates. From Broward Sheriff’s Office:
“Broward County law enforcement agencies are providing support for an urban training exercise during the next two weeks. The training will take place at different locations throughout the county. The purpose of the exercise is to provide U.S. Special Operations Forces with realistic urban sites for preparedness training. This routine training has been conducted by military personnel in cities across the country.
The sites have been carefully selected to minimize the impact on the daily routine of residents and visitors. Each training site will be secured to ensure the safety of the general public and the participants. Training sites will not be disclosed for this reason. If any members of the public learn of the training locations, we ask the public to remain clear of these areas while training is conducted.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched
- Boca Raton Man Accused Of Snatching Necklace From Wyndham Guest’s Neck
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems