FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Urban warfare is coming to Broward County, and you won’t know it’s happening until you’re in the middle of it, or the traffic havoc it creates. From Broward Sheriff’s Office:
“Broward County law enforcement agencies are providing support for an urban training exercise during the next two weeks. The training will take place at different locations throughout the county. The purpose of the exercise is to provide U.S. Special Operations Forces with realistic urban sites for preparedness training. This routine training has been conducted by military personnel in cities across the country.
The sites have been carefully selected to minimize the impact on the daily routine of residents and visitors. Each training site will be secured to ensure the safety of the general public and the participants. Training sites will not be disclosed for this reason. If any members of the public learn of the training locations, we ask the public to remain clear of these areas while training is conducted.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District
- HURRICANE CENTER MONDAY: Peter, Rose And Another System East Of Florida
- TROPICAL STORM ROSE FORMS, JOINS PETER, TWO MORE BEING WATCHED
- FLORIDA: COVID Continues To Kill Nearly 200 A Day In Hospitals
- Anti-Masking Parent Suing Palm Beach Schools Was Arrested For Child Abuse