HOLLYWOOD, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From DOJ) — A Pompano Beach, Florida, resident was charged by Information yesterday in Fort Lauderdale with possessing and passing counterfeit currency.
Wifredo A. Ferrer, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, Paula A. Reid, Special Agent in Charge, U.S. Secret Service (USSS), Miami Field Office, and William R. Latchford, Chief, Seminole Police Department, made the announcement.
Bernardo Lecaros, 35, was arrested by the Seminole Police Department and the U.S. Secret Service on December 20, 2014, for passing counterfeit notes at the Seminole Classic Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
According to the documents filed with the court, on both December 10, 2014 and December 14, 2014, Lecaros passed $5,400 in counterfeit currency at the Seminole Classic Casino. Lecaros possessed an additional $37,800 in counterfeit currency. If convicted, Lecaros faces up to twenty years imprisonment, three years of supervised release, a $250,000 fine and restitution as to each count.
Mr. Ferrer commended the investigative efforts of USSS and the Seminole Police Department. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Randy Katz.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired