HOLLYWOOD, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From DOJ) — A Pompano Beach, Florida, resident was charged by Information yesterday in Fort Lauderdale with possessing and passing counterfeit currency.
Wifredo A. Ferrer, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, Paula A. Reid, Special Agent in Charge, U.S. Secret Service (USSS), Miami Field Office, and William R. Latchford, Chief, Seminole Police Department, made the announcement.
Bernardo Lecaros, 35, was arrested by the Seminole Police Department and the U.S. Secret Service on December 20, 2014, for passing counterfeit notes at the Seminole Classic Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
According to the documents filed with the court, on both December 10, 2014 and December 14, 2014, Lecaros passed $5,400 in counterfeit currency at the Seminole Classic Casino. Lecaros possessed an additional $37,800 in counterfeit currency. If convicted, Lecaros faces up to twenty years imprisonment, three years of supervised release, a $250,000 fine and restitution as to each count.
Mr. Ferrer commended the investigative efforts of USSS and the Seminole Police Department. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Randy Katz.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge