DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police detectives are investigating an attempted abduction that occurred on March 16, 2015. It was reported to the Delray Beach Police Department that in the afternoon on Tuesday, March 16, 2015, a white male was observed making contact with and removing a minor child from the outside play area of a day care center located in the 100 block of SW 11 Avenue. This outside play area is located to the rear of the day care facility and borders an alleyway on the east side of the property.
A good Samaritan/witness told detectives that he saw a white male subject walking southbound in the alleyway from the day care facility with the minor child. Feeling that this was not normal, the Samaritan/witness called for the child to return to him, which the child did. The white male continued walking south in this alley and made no attempt to prevent the child from leaving him.
Once returned to the day care facility, staff did not contact Delray Beach Police Department, but instead waited to notify the child’s parents of this incident when they arrived to pick the child up at the end of the day.
During the ensuing investigation, it took several days to locate and interview the Samaritan/witness, as he does not have a cell phone and was not present when the initial police report was made hours after the incident first happened.
The Delray Beach Police Department developed a person matching the description of the white male suspect, but after interviews were conducted, he was eliminated as a viable suspect in this case.
SUSPECT: White Male
Appx. 50 years old.
Medium to heavy build.
White hair and a beard.
Clean and NOT appearing homeless.
Riding an older model faded green beach cruiser style bicycle.
Delray Beach Police Department detectives are urging anyone who may have witnessed this incident to contact us at 561 243-7800.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY