DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police detectives are investigating an attempted abduction that occurred on March 16, 2015. It was reported to the Delray Beach Police Department that in the afternoon on Tuesday, March 16, 2015, a white male was observed making contact with and removing a minor child from the outside play area of a day care center located in the 100 block of SW 11 Avenue. This outside play area is located to the rear of the day care facility and borders an alleyway on the east side of the property.
A good Samaritan/witness told detectives that he saw a white male subject walking southbound in the alleyway from the day care facility with the minor child. Feeling that this was not normal, the Samaritan/witness called for the child to return to him, which the child did. The white male continued walking south in this alley and made no attempt to prevent the child from leaving him.
Once returned to the day care facility, staff did not contact Delray Beach Police Department, but instead waited to notify the child’s parents of this incident when they arrived to pick the child up at the end of the day.
During the ensuing investigation, it took several days to locate and interview the Samaritan/witness, as he does not have a cell phone and was not present when the initial police report was made hours after the incident first happened.
The Delray Beach Police Department developed a person matching the description of the white male suspect, but after interviews were conducted, he was eliminated as a viable suspect in this case.
SUSPECT: White Male
Appx. 50 years old.
Medium to heavy build.
White hair and a beard.
Clean and NOT appearing homeless.
Riding an older model faded green beach cruiser style bicycle.
Delray Beach Police Department detectives are urging anyone who may have witnessed this incident to contact us at 561 243-7800.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday