BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — This is not an April Fools joke.
Since it’s founding, BocaNewsNow.com has stringently enforced our “you can’t pay us to remove a mugshot” policy. We are not a website that looks to profit from posting mugshots solely to charge folks to have them removed. There are lots of websites that do that. We think arrests are newsworthy. Plain and simple.
But that doesn’t stop those charged with DUI, weapons charges, battery and other crimes from calling and emailing, offering compensation for the removal of their arrest report. In fairness, we appreciate that one bad situation shouldn’t necessarily brand you for the rest of your online life.
Our question to you, our readers: What would you think if we were to offer a mugshot removal service, donating a portion of the proceeds (a real portion, not $1) to a Palm Beach County organization that either supports the police, victims of DUI accidents, or teen driver training?
We don’t know how much money this could generate and the last thing we want to do is cause problems for the potential beneficiary of a charitable donation. We will not become a sleazy mugshot website. But it seems to us that if arrestees are willing to pay, there are local organizations that could benefit.
What do you think?
Please email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com to share your thoughts.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge