BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — This is not an April Fools joke.
Since it’s founding, BocaNewsNow.com has stringently enforced our “you can’t pay us to remove a mugshot” policy. We are not a website that looks to profit from posting mugshots solely to charge folks to have them removed. There are lots of websites that do that. We think arrests are newsworthy. Plain and simple.
But that doesn’t stop those charged with DUI, weapons charges, battery and other crimes from calling and emailing, offering compensation for the removal of their arrest report. In fairness, we appreciate that one bad situation shouldn’t necessarily brand you for the rest of your online life.
Our question to you, our readers: What would you think if we were to offer a mugshot removal service, donating a portion of the proceeds (a real portion, not $1) to a Palm Beach County organization that either supports the police, victims of DUI accidents, or teen driver training?
We don’t know how much money this could generate and the last thing we want to do is cause problems for the potential beneficiary of a charitable donation. We will not become a sleazy mugshot website. But it seems to us that if arrestees are willing to pay, there are local organizations that could benefit.
What do you think?
Please email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com to share your thoughts.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”