BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a major public relations problem for Simon Property Group’s Town Center Mall at Boca Raton (NYSE:SPG), potentially thousands of shoppers eager to spend part of Easter Sunday shopping were met by a tersely worded computer printout on the front door, stating the mall was closed.
This is in direct contradiction to the mall’s website which stated it was keeping normal hours.
A late afternoon visit to the mall yielded a well packed parking lot and shopper after shopper seemingly stunned as they walked to the front door, only to read the sign stating — in a bizarre take on the English language — “No Entry Beyond This Point Please and Thank You The Mall Is Closed.”
It’s unclear where the disconnect started or who within the company is responsible for the bizarre sign. As of Sunday evening, no apology was posted to the Boca Raton Town Center Mall website.
It is unlikely the mall was closed out of respect for the holiday or those celebrating — Town Center Mall proudly advertised that it was open on Thanksgiving and all days leading up to Christmas.
This is the latest public relations problem for Simon Property Group and the mall. A police report recently revealed that their surveillance cameras have potentially significant blind spots throughout the mall parking lots.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: NOW MORE THAN ONE MILLION CASES OF COVID-19
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two More Systems Forming
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical