BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The case of missing Boca boater Richard Ohrn is solved. He’s been found. Turns out he wasn’t really missing. Ohrn vanished on or about April 3rd, leading to a massive search of area waterways — including a massive use of resources by the US Coast Guard.
From PBSO, which has not filed charges at this time:
Detectives learned that Ohrn had returned home detectives interviewed Ohrn at his residence in Boca Raton. Ohrn admitted to planning and carrying out his disappearance. He purchased a truck weeks ago and parked it near Pioneer Park he also purchased a small inflatable boat and motor. The day of his disappearance he dropped the boat and motor off at Pioneer Park, drove to Marie One rented another boat. After renting the boat he traveled to Pioneer Park picked up the inflatable boat and proceeded to the ocean. Once he arrived out in the Ocean he anchored the rental boat and used his inflatable boat to get back to land. He dropped the inflatable boat off at his friend’s office building and drove to Albany Georgia where he has been staying in a rental house. Ohrn told detectives he did this to try to escape all of his legal issues.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON