BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The case of missing Boca boater Richard Ohrn is solved. He’s been found. Turns out he wasn’t really missing. Ohrn vanished on or about April 3rd, leading to a massive search of area waterways — including a massive use of resources by the US Coast Guard.
From PBSO, which has not filed charges at this time:
Detectives learned that Ohrn had returned home detectives interviewed Ohrn at his residence in Boca Raton. Ohrn admitted to planning and carrying out his disappearance. He purchased a truck weeks ago and parked it near Pioneer Park he also purchased a small inflatable boat and motor. The day of his disappearance he dropped the boat and motor off at Pioneer Park, drove to Marie One rented another boat. After renting the boat he traveled to Pioneer Park picked up the inflatable boat and proceeded to the ocean. Once he arrived out in the Ocean he anchored the rental boat and used his inflatable boat to get back to land. He dropped the inflatable boat off at his friend’s office building and drove to Albany Georgia where he has been staying in a rental house. Ohrn told detectives he did this to try to escape all of his legal issues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud