BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you ever wonder if TSA’s PreCheck program works at shortening lines across the board, consider this:
For reasons that are unexplainable as of 10:30 this morning, TSA closed the PreCheck lane for passengers flying Delta out of Fort Lauderdale.
Lines during the closure averaged 30 minutes for security clearance, almost winding to the outside of the airport. Terse TSA agents repeatedly retorted “because” and “we were told to” when frustrated travelers asked why PreCheck was shut down.
The TSA, in an uncharacteristic display of poor line management, funneled everyone into two narrow lanes, leaving no room for wheelchair bound passengers who were pushed through by aggressive porters wearing shirts with “Bags Inc” logos. Waiting travelers were told to move as these porters rode over feet and bags to push the wheelchairs to security.
(A previous version of this story misidentified the current Federal Security Director of FLL as being a retired Marine. This information was out of date — that FSD has since retired. We should have realized there was an error. A Marine would never permit long lines and disorganization. Our apologies to the retired FSD and the U.S. Marine Corps).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Developing In Gulf
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full
- Boca Raton Woman Sues BMW, Says $80K Car Unfixable
- PUBLIX MURDERS: 911 CALLS RELEASED, LISTEN HERE
- Jewish Family Services Crafts New Road Map Following COVID Crisis
- This Is The Publix Murderer Who Killed Himself
- Delray Beach’s Alan Firestone Guilty Of Child Pornography Possession
- POLICE: Delray Man Gave Teen Girl Merlot, Beer While Driving Recklessly