BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you ever wonder if TSA’s PreCheck program works at shortening lines across the board, consider this:
For reasons that are unexplainable as of 10:30 this morning, TSA closed the PreCheck lane for passengers flying Delta out of Fort Lauderdale.
Lines during the closure averaged 30 minutes for security clearance, almost winding to the outside of the airport. Terse TSA agents repeatedly retorted “because” and “we were told to” when frustrated travelers asked why PreCheck was shut down.
The TSA, in an uncharacteristic display of poor line management, funneled everyone into two narrow lanes, leaving no room for wheelchair bound passengers who were pushed through by aggressive porters wearing shirts with “Bags Inc” logos. Waiting travelers were told to move as these porters rode over feet and bags to push the wheelchairs to security.
(A previous version of this story misidentified the current Federal Security Director of FLL as being a retired Marine. This information was out of date — that FSD has since retired. We should have realized there was an error. A Marine would never permit long lines and disorganization. Our apologies to the retired FSD and the U.S. Marine Corps).
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed