BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From PBCSD) — Robert Avossa has been unanimously selected to serve as Palm Beach County’s next superintendent, following a national search and public interviews by the School Board with each of the three finalists.
“This has been a comprehensive, inclusive and open process to find our next superintendent,” said School Board Chairman Chuck Shaw. “We had an impressive group of candidates, but the board unanimously agreed that Dr. Avossa presents the best vision for the district going forward. We look forward to working with Dr. Avossa on the terms of his contract and beginning his work with the district.”
“I am excited about the opportunity to join a great school system,” Avossa said. “In many ways, this is a homecoming. I grew up in and graduated from Brevard County schools and many of my family still lives in Florida.”
The School Board voted unanimously to select Avossa as superintendent and to authorize contract negotiations. The board in February selected Ray and Associates to conduct a national search and recruit candidates on the district’s behalf, with the goal of naming a new superintendent this month.
The search included a series of public forums and an online survey that gave the community an opportunity to share their ideal qualities and characteristics for the next superintendent of schools. Ray and Associates used that input to help recruit candidates that fit the profile.
Once a contract is reached, Avossa will be the 25th Superintendent for the School District of Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Zoom Eliminates 40 Minute Limit For Thanksgiving
- At Least Eleven Hospitalized Today For COVID in Palm Beach County
- COVID FLORIDA: Another 8085 Infected, Another 72 Dead
- SOLD: Eagles Landing And The Night Owls Camp To Change Hands
- LAWSUIT: Spanish River High School Assistant Principal Discriminated Against Custodian
- Boca Raton Surgeon John Baker Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Student
- DEATHSANTIS: Florida Tops 18,000 COVID-19 Deaths, Governor Silent On Grim Milestone
- Broward County Donates 15,000 Pounds Of Food For Thanksgiving
- BOYNTON POLICE: 81 Year Old Man Charged With DUI In Fatal Crash