BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Palm Beach County Jury cleared former Boca Raton resident Joanne Luu of two counts of DUI Manslaughter and two counts of Vehicular Homicide in the 2012 deaths of 85 year old Angelina Ferrarella and 54 year old Donna D’Angelo.
Luu was also cleared of the DUI charge.
Joanne Luu was accused of driving under the influence and causing the wreck at the intersection of 441 and Sandalfoot Blvd.
Luu made headlines not just for the wreck, but for her social media outbursts following the incident. As we reported on June 28th, 2012:
… Luu posted several explicit comments to her Twitter account, including:
“f…k all you people harassing me about the accident.”
Joanne Luu also posted sexually suggestive photos to her Tumblr account, where she questions her love for her fiance.
She then posted, “I wonder if pbg varsity football has gotten any better.”
Luu also tweeted that “the hospital didn’t help me at all. Thanks a lot tho.”
Earlier in the week, she tweeted, “Godda… fu…ng traffic from all these bad ass accidents.”
Luu was found guilty of possession of drug equipment, but court records suggest that she was sentenced to time served for that offense —
Joanne Luu was released from the Palm Beach County Jail late Friday evening after spending 856 days in jail. She now lives in Palm Beach Gardens.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA
- Palm Beach County School Board To Discuss New “Quarantine” Rule At Today’s Meeting
- FDLE: Boca Raton Officers Not Yet Cleared In July Shooting
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: 10,000 COVID CASES BY CHRISTMAS?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Another Tropical Depression Expected To Form Today
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5