WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From PBSO) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office announces a three step partnership plan with the community to ensure transparency and increased community engagement with law enforcement.
Step 1 – Internal Procedures
The Sheriff’s office is working to improve and enhance internal reporting procedures to provide greater accountability. Using DOJ studies and reports, we have put in stronger internal practices for our deputies to follow. These practices will provide greater transparency and safer procedures.
Step 2 – Community Engagement
The Sheriff’s Office is in the process of launching regional Citizen Advisory meetings to better engage the community and have a stronger dialogue about local and regional issues. The goal of these meetings are too provide greater input from community leaders in all parts of the County about ways PBSO and the community can better partner to address issues that increase and lead to crime or ways to work together and enhance our community police effort.
Step 3 – Outside Review
The Sheriff’s office has been in contact with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and we have welcomed them in to conduct a review of one particular case of interest. This will ensure that Sheriff’s Office is complying with required practices and procedures. In addition, the Police Executive Research Forum (PERF) has been requested to do a formal review of the Agency’s Internal Affairs policies and procedures.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules
- SELLER’S MARKET! Palm Beach County House Sales Soar, Inventory Drops
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill