DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Scott A. Walker, 43, of Delray Beach is in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with vehicular manslaughter. Walker was apprehended by PBSO and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Walker is accused of killing Selma Scott — who police say was 98 years old — in a crash back in October of 2014. Police allege that Walker was under the influence of drugs.
In the following police narrative, Walker is driving “Vehicle 1” — a 2010 Hyundai. Selma Scott is driving “Vehicle 2,” a 2006 Hyundai.
V-1 was traveling westbound on Lake Ida Road approaching the intersection of El Clair Ranch Road. V-2 was traveling northbound on El Clair Ranch Road stopped at the intersection of Lake Ida Road. As the traffic signal cycled to allow V-2 to travel northbound, V-1 Failed to slow and stop. As V-2 attempted to traverse the intersection, V-1 collided with it. During the collision the front of V-1 impacted with the passenger side of V-2. D-1 received minor injuries. For injuries she received during the collision, D-2 was transported to Delray Medical Center where she was later pronounced deceased.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities