DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Scott A. Walker, 43, of Delray Beach is in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with vehicular manslaughter. Walker was apprehended by PBSO and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Walker is accused of killing Selma Scott — who police say was 98 years old — in a crash back in October of 2014. Police allege that Walker was under the influence of drugs.
In the following police narrative, Walker is driving “Vehicle 1” — a 2010 Hyundai. Selma Scott is driving “Vehicle 2,” a 2006 Hyundai.
V-1 was traveling westbound on Lake Ida Road approaching the intersection of El Clair Ranch Road. V-2 was traveling northbound on El Clair Ranch Road stopped at the intersection of Lake Ida Road. As the traffic signal cycled to allow V-2 to travel northbound, V-1 Failed to slow and stop. As V-2 attempted to traverse the intersection, V-1 collided with it. During the collision the front of V-1 impacted with the passenger side of V-2. D-1 received minor injuries. For injuries she received during the collision, D-2 was transported to Delray Medical Center where she was later pronounced deceased.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent