BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Beth Jamine, 43, of SW 8th Street, remains in critical condition Friday afternoon following a hit and run accident in the intersection of Lyons Road and SW 18th Street.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Jamine was riding her bike westbound on SW 18th Street within the pedestrian crosswalk. As Jamine crossed the intersection, the driver of a 2009 Chevy Equinox struck Jamine, forcing her from the bike and onto the pavement.
The driver of the Equinox left the scene. While police are not identifying the driver of the Equinox — and may not know — the car was found a short distance from the scene. It is registered to 769 Normandy Q in Delray Beach.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. It is unclear, according to police, who had the right of way at the time of the accident.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette