BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Beth Jamine, 43, of SW 8th Street, remains in critical condition Friday afternoon following a hit and run accident in the intersection of Lyons Road and SW 18th Street.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Jamine was riding her bike westbound on SW 18th Street within the pedestrian crosswalk. As Jamine crossed the intersection, the driver of a 2009 Chevy Equinox struck Jamine, forcing her from the bike and onto the pavement.
The driver of the Equinox left the scene. While police are not identifying the driver of the Equinox — and may not know — the car was found a short distance from the scene. It is registered to 769 Normandy Q in Delray Beach.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. It is unclear, according to police, who had the right of way at the time of the accident.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District