BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The suspect wanted in connection with the armed robbery and robbery of two 7-11 stores in Boca Raton has been arrested by the FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Marshals Service and the South Florida Violent Crime Task Force in cooperation with Fort Lauderdale Police Department and investigators from the Boca Raton Police Services Department. Below is the release from the FBI:
TWO INDIVIDUALS ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH A HOBBS ACT VIOLATION
Joseph Cunningham, Jr., 21, of Deerfield Beach, FL, and Charles Rayfield Haynes Elliott, 19, of Deerfield, FL, were arrested on a violation of the Hobbs Act.
The arrests were made following a brief foot pursuit by law enforcement about 1:30 am this morning (6/11/2015) in the vicinity of the 3000 block of North Federal Highway, Lighthouse Point, FL.
Cunningham and Elliott are in federal custody and are facing federal charges under the Hobbs Act. The Federal Court in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, was the location of their initial appearance.
The FBI and its South Florida Violent Crime Task Force are involved in this matter as part of an initiative to assist local law enforcement agencies in combating violent armed robberies.
Fort Lauderdale Police Department (PD), Boca Raton PD, Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office, the FBI and the South Florida Violent Crime Task Force continue their investigation.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event