BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mark Stenner, the West Boca High School principal accused of plagiarizing much of his just-delivered commencement speech, is no longer the principal of West Boca High School — at least for now.
The school district has reassigned Stenner as its investigation continues.
Stenner is accused of stealing much of his speech — lifting it from a famous speech given two years ago by David McCullough, Jr., in 2012. The original speech was given at a high school in Massachusetts. Stenner told local media that he routinely takes — and rewrites — things from the internet.
Stenner is no stranger to controversy. He blasted BocaNewsNow.com with emails and voicemail messages several weeks ago after we reported how bad West Boca is academically. Nearly 30 percent of students at West Boca High are not reading — or displaying math skills — at the level expected, according to US News and World Report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases