BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mark Stenner, the West Boca High School principal accused of plagiarizing much of his just-delivered commencement speech, is no longer the principal of West Boca High School — at least for now.
The school district has reassigned Stenner as its investigation continues.
Stenner is accused of stealing much of his speech — lifting it from a famous speech given two years ago by David McCullough, Jr., in 2012. The original speech was given at a high school in Massachusetts. Stenner told local media that he routinely takes — and rewrites — things from the internet.
Stenner is no stranger to controversy. He blasted BocaNewsNow.com with emails and voicemail messages several weeks ago after we reported how bad West Boca is academically. Nearly 30 percent of students at West Boca High are not reading — or displaying math skills — at the level expected, according to US News and World Report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat