BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mark Stenner, the West Boca High School principal accused of plagiarizing much of his just-delivered commencement speech, is no longer the principal of West Boca High School — at least for now.
The school district has reassigned Stenner as its investigation continues.
Stenner is accused of stealing much of his speech — lifting it from a famous speech given two years ago by David McCullough, Jr., in 2012. The original speech was given at a high school in Massachusetts. Stenner told local media that he routinely takes — and rewrites — things from the internet.
Stenner is no stranger to controversy. He blasted BocaNewsNow.com with emails and voicemail messages several weeks ago after we reported how bad West Boca is academically. Nearly 30 percent of students at West Boca High are not reading — or displaying math skills — at the level expected, according to US News and World Report.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: NOW MORE THAN ONE MILLION CASES OF COVID-19
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two More Systems Forming
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical