BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mark Stenner, the West Boca High School principal accused of plagiarizing much of his just-delivered commencement speech, is no longer the principal of West Boca High School — at least for now.
The school district has reassigned Stenner as its investigation continues.
Stenner is accused of stealing much of his speech — lifting it from a famous speech given two years ago by David McCullough, Jr., in 2012. The original speech was given at a high school in Massachusetts. Stenner told local media that he routinely takes — and rewrites — things from the internet.
Stenner is no stranger to controversy. He blasted BocaNewsNow.com with emails and voicemail messages several weeks ago after we reported how bad West Boca is academically. Nearly 30 percent of students at West Boca High are not reading — or displaying math skills — at the level expected, according to US News and World Report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Owner Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach
- Lynn University To Hold Virtual Graduation, But FAU In Person This Spring
- Palmetto Place Condo Sued Over Mask Mandate
- CLAIM: Lithium Overdose Caused By Boca Raton Publix
- Delray Beach Woman Sues Boca Kosher Market
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today