UPDATE: Click here for the latest in our series of reports.
COCONUT CREEK, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — “Off The Wall,” a trampoline and play facility for kids and teens in Coconut Creek is requiring parents to submit their drivers license information — including their Florida-issued drivers license number — before kids are allowed to play.
“Off The Wall” is owned by Hollywood, FL based iJump LLC. Florida’s Secretary of State lists “Debbie Gross” as the managing member. The Secretary of State also lists Arthur Klein — of “Twilight Overseas” — as a corporate representative. It is unclear why Ms. Gross and Mr. Klein are demanding the private information protected by the State of Florida, or what the company is doing with the drivers license numbers, home address and telephone numbers that it is accumulating in its database.
Steve Chusid, the general manager, was unavailable Sunday for comment, according to teen employees.
It is unknown at this time whether “Twilight Overseas” takes part in international operations that could expose drivers license information to foreign nationals. Emails to “Off The Wall” have not been returned.
The information from “Twilight Overseas” is below.
During a Sunday visit to “Off The Wall,” teen employees accessed the waiver information by cross-referencing it with the customer’s telephone number. Access by the teen employees suggests the information is being stored.
Other Boca-area family and kid facilities that utilize waivers, including the popular Monkey Joe’s, Twisters gymnastics and WOW Factory merely ask parents to sign and date a standard form. Drivers license information is not requested.
We are awaiting a response from the State of Florida and local law enforcement as to the legality of “Off The Wall’s” actions. We are also awaiting a response from “Off The Wall” concerning its data requirement and storage practices.
Check back for updates.
Meantime, here’s the company’s registration with the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday