BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The bandage-faced man who allegedly robbed the Sun Trust bank on Jog Road — just north of Clint Moore –early Friday afternoon apparently was successful in his attempt to steal money.
A Boca Raton police report states, “the suspect left on foot with an unknown amount of money in assorted bills.”
The man is described as being in his 40s or 50s, standing 5’9” and weighing roughly 200 lbs.
The suspect may have been involved in the robbery of the Third Federal Savings and Loan, also on Jog Road, two weeks ago. That robbery happened at roughly the same time of day as the Sun Trust robbery. The two banks are less than three miles apart. A Well Fargo sits between the two, as does a PNC Bank.
The man appears to be the same man captured by surveillance cameras in both robberies.
Anyone with information is asked to call Boca Raton Police (561-338-1234), Delray Beach Police (732-9150) or CrimeStoppers (1-800-458-TIPS). If you have an identity of the suspect but don’t want to call police or CrimeStoppers, email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com and we’ll pass the information along.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida