BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Jennifer Franciscus, a 32 year old resident of Newport Lake Circle in Boca Raton, died Wednesday night in a one car accident on Powerline Road. She was driving a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire. Investigators say drugs and/or alcohol were a factor.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Franciscus was traveling “northbound in the inside lane of Powerline, just north of SW 18th Street. For unknown reasons, Franciscus struck the center median multiple times before driving up and onto the center median with its driver’s side tires. The vehicle then continued north with its driver’s side tires in the grass and passenger side tires on the roadway. The vehicle then veered further onto the median and struck a tree that was located in the center of the median.”
Franciscus was transported to Delray Medical Center where she later died The accident was reported at 6:51pm. She died at 7:28pm.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida