BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We received a threatening email last week from the general counsel of the BP Station at Glades Road and I-95 when we referred to the station as one of the most criminally active in South Palm Beach County. The threat came after we reported on an armed robbery.
Just days later — last night — the gas station was held up again by an armed robber. Here is video of the suspect released by Boca Raton Police. The suspect is the person ENTERING the store.
From Boca PD:
On Wednesday, July 22, at 9:14 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at the BP Gas station, 5440 West Glades Road.
An employee told officers the male suspect entered the store, approached the counter and demanded the money from the cash registers, while he brandished a silver handgun. After the employee put the cash in a plastic shopping bag, the suspect grabbed it and fled. The suspect left the store and then ran through the hedges bordering the east side of the business. The suspect was described as a male wearing a black shirt, blue jeans, gloves and a white mask. No one was injured.
As officers were investigating the robbery at the BP, a second robbery occurred at 9:31 p.m., at the Walgreens, 1851 Clint Moore Road. The description of the suspect was similar to the suspect from the BP robbery. Store employees told officers the suspect entered the store and brandished a silver handgun. The suspect ordered one employee to open the registers and give him the money. The suspect grabbed a trash can and had the employee put the money into it. The suspect then took the trash can bag containing the money, left the store and went east through the parking lot.
The suspect was described as a black male, 5’9″ to 5’10” tall, wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, black hat, and a white or tan mask. One employee told officers she believes the suspect may be the same person who committed a robbery on July 11th at the same Walgreens. No one was injured.
If anyone has information about these crimes, please call Boca Raton Police detectives at (561) 338-1264 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- WATCH Former Trump Campaign Official Get Tackled By Fort Lauderdale Police
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen