BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We received a threatening email last week from the general counsel of the BP Station at Glades Road and I-95 when we referred to the station as one of the most criminally active in South Palm Beach County. The threat came after we reported on an armed robbery.
Just days later — last night — the gas station was held up again by an armed robber. Here is video of the suspect released by Boca Raton Police. The suspect is the person ENTERING the store.
From Boca PD:
On Wednesday, July 22, at 9:14 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at the BP Gas station, 5440 West Glades Road.
An employee told officers the male suspect entered the store, approached the counter and demanded the money from the cash registers, while he brandished a silver handgun. After the employee put the cash in a plastic shopping bag, the suspect grabbed it and fled. The suspect left the store and then ran through the hedges bordering the east side of the business. The suspect was described as a male wearing a black shirt, blue jeans, gloves and a white mask. No one was injured.
As officers were investigating the robbery at the BP, a second robbery occurred at 9:31 p.m., at the Walgreens, 1851 Clint Moore Road. The description of the suspect was similar to the suspect from the BP robbery. Store employees told officers the suspect entered the store and brandished a silver handgun. The suspect ordered one employee to open the registers and give him the money. The suspect grabbed a trash can and had the employee put the money into it. The suspect then took the trash can bag containing the money, left the store and went east through the parking lot.
The suspect was described as a black male, 5’9″ to 5’10” tall, wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, black hat, and a white or tan mask. One employee told officers she believes the suspect may be the same person who committed a robbery on July 11th at the same Walgreens. No one was injured.
If anyone has information about these crimes, please call Boca Raton Police detectives at (561) 338-1264 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Was Shut For Roaches, Health Code Violations
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now