BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com)(From Boca Raton Regional Hospital) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Charles Shang, MS, BMed, DABR, Director of Medical Physics at the Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute (LCI), has been elected by the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) as a Fellow of the Association. The award was presented to Dr. Shang at the AAPM’s annual meeting in Anaheim, CA on July 13, 2015.
“I am honored to receive such a prestigious designation,” Dr. Shang said. “I consider it simply a reflection of our teamwork, growing reputation and the high caliber of programs we have at the Lynn Cancer Institute. I am fortunate to be a part of it.”
Dr. Shang started his career as a medical physicist with a postdoctoral fellowship in 1987 at UHS/Chicago Medical School following graduation from medical school and a medical residency in China. He received an MSc in Radiation Health (Physics) from the University of Pittsburgh, and then worked under the mentoring of the physics group at Yale University.
Dr. Shang joined the Lynn Cancer Institute in 1993 and holds American Board of Radiology certifications in three major physics subspecialties – radiation therapy, radiology and nuclear medicine. He has dedicated himself to building a bridge between physics and medicine.
“It is extremely gratifying for Dr. Shang to be recognized in this fashion,” said Tim Williams, MD, Medical Director of the Radiology Oncology Department at LCI. “His contributions to the Institute over the last 22 years have been immeasurable and we are proud of the work he has done and continues to do in helping to provide the best possible care to our patients.”
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton