BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Florida Highway Patrol) — The Florida Highway Patrol has teamed-up with the state police, highway patrols and local law enforcement jurisdictions of every state along the Eastern Seaboard containing a portion of Interstate 95 (I-95) this week in an effort to keep one of the nation’s major interstate corridors safe and fatality-free this week.
Law enforcement agencies in each state are conducting safety enforcement details on I-95 that began on August 4th and extends through August 9th in a campaign called the “I-95 Challenge.” This campaign will address driving behaviors of all motorists along the I-95 corridor related to distracted, reckless, and impaired driving, seatbelt usage and speeding. Although law enforcement agencies focus on these types of driving behaviors 365 days a year, this week was chosen to highlight and raise awareness of these dangerous driving behaviors in order to save lives. Traffic safety is a continuous effort and agencies are always looking for innovative ways to educate motorists about traffic safety.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning
- BOCA RATON FLOODING: Major Road Closed Due To High Waters Late Sunday Afternoon