BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charges have not been filed against Boca Raton resident David Burton who was driving south on 441/SR7 when a man inexplicably lied down in the middle of road. Burton — and we can’t imagine what he must be feeling — was behind a car that drove over Richard Tortora Jr and kept driving. Not realizing that there was a body in the road, PBSO says Burton ran over Toryora as well, but stopped.
Drugs and/or alcohol are considered a factor in “the actions of” Tortora, according to PBSO. He is dead.
The accident happened Friday night. Police are asking anyone with information about the driver who fled the scene to call.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman