BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charges have not been filed against Boca Raton resident David Burton who was driving south on 441/SR7 when a man inexplicably lied down in the middle of road. Burton — and we can’t imagine what he must be feeling — was behind a car that drove over Richard Tortora Jr and kept driving. Not realizing that there was a body in the road, PBSO says Burton ran over Toryora as well, but stopped.
Drugs and/or alcohol are considered a factor in “the actions of” Tortora, according to PBSO. He is dead.
The accident happened Friday night. Police are asking anyone with information about the driver who fled the scene to call.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Claims Ex Is Child Abuser, Posts To Socials, Jailed
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Declares State Of Emergency For Building Collapse
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing