BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charges have not been filed against Boca Raton resident David Burton who was driving south on 441/SR7 when a man inexplicably lied down in the middle of road. Burton — and we can’t imagine what he must be feeling — was behind a car that drove over Richard Tortora Jr and kept driving. Not realizing that there was a body in the road, PBSO says Burton ran over Toryora as well, but stopped.
Drugs and/or alcohol are considered a factor in “the actions of” Tortora, according to PBSO. He is dead.
The accident happened Friday night. Police are asking anyone with information about the driver who fled the scene to call.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools