BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charges have not been filed against Boca Raton resident David Burton who was driving south on 441/SR7 when a man inexplicably lied down in the middle of road. Burton — and we can’t imagine what he must be feeling — was behind a car that drove over Richard Tortora Jr and kept driving. Not realizing that there was a body in the road, PBSO says Burton ran over Toryora as well, but stopped.
Drugs and/or alcohol are considered a factor in “the actions of” Tortora, according to PBSO. He is dead.
The accident happened Friday night. Police are asking anyone with information about the driver who fled the scene to call.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High