BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Division of Mosquito Control will be conducting aerial spraying on Tuesday evening, August 11, after sundown, weather permitting. Should unstable weather conditions prevent spraying on Tuesday, it will take place on the next available night that conditions allow.
The coverage area of approximately 270,000 acres will target populated areas west of Military Trail from the Martin County line south to the Broward County line and the Glades communities in western Palm Beach County. The aircraft to be used is a Cessna 337 airplane.
Aerial spraying is necessary to control the mosquito populations that have increased due to the recent heavy rains. To further help control mosquitoes, residents are asked to drain or minimize standing water on their properties.
If you are going to be outdoors after dark, be sure to use an insect repellent containing DEET and wear long pants and a long-sleeve shirt.
The Aerial Spray Hotline is 561-642-8775.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County