BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Boca PD) — On March 1, 2015 at 10:16 p.m. officers with the Boca Raton Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit investigated a fatality crash in the 600 block of South Federal Highway.
The crash investigation revealed Bryce Samartino was driving a 2005 Ford F-150 pickup truck southbound on South Federal Highway just past Mizner Boulevard, when he collided with the rear of a Nissan Altima and lost control. The Ford left the roadway and struck and killed Elourdes Ostagne, who was on the sidewalk. The Ford also hit a light pole, a palm tree, and finally came to rest against the wall of the City National Bank.
Multiple witnesses told officers Samartino was driving fast and in a reckless manner when his truck struck the Altima and Elourdes Ostagne. The investigation revealed the speed of the truck at the time of the crash was 76 miles per hour and that Samartino had a blood alcohol level of 0.19. Samartino is charged with DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide, and DUI with damage to property.
Samartino was picked up on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 without incident.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Developing In Gulf
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full
- Boca Raton Woman Sues BMW, Says $80K Car Unfixable