BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com first reported on the controversy created by Boca Raton’s Temple Beth El through its email blast promoting a service titled “So you bought a German car…the road to forgiveness.” We told you that area car dealerships may reconsider their sponsorship of Jewish Federation charities and Temple Beth El events.
Now comes word that a protest may be in the early planning stages for the Temple Beth El event, scheduled for 7:30pm next Saturday at Beth El’s main campus — 333 SW 4th Avenue.
Potential protestors say they are upset that Temple Beth El is “tone deaf” to the community.
“How can a synagogue seriously promote an anti-German event?” asked one Boca resident considering the protest. “Who at Beth El thinks this it’s okay to suggest owners of German cars need to be forgiven?”
You can read the full program description here. We’ll update with protest information when and if a decision is made to stage an event.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette
- Hyundai GV80 Subject Of Class Action Lawsuit Filed By Boca Raton Attorney
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose