BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Despite a nationwide push for better and more oversight of police operations, the Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners has rejected a call for a citizen oversight board to monitor the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
From the Board of Commissioner’s own report:
Citizens Review Board – decided against establishing an independent citizens review board to investigate complaints of alleged misconduct by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The panel would have no oversight authority and significantly limited powers. Staff will contact the sheriff to discuss opportunities for citizen involvement on the sheriff’s oversight board authorized by Florida statute.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70