BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Despite a nationwide push for better and more oversight of police operations, the Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners has rejected a call for a citizen oversight board to monitor the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
From the Board of Commissioner’s own report:
Citizens Review Board – decided against establishing an independent citizens review board to investigate complaints of alleged misconduct by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The panel would have no oversight authority and significantly limited powers. Staff will contact the sheriff to discuss opportunities for citizen involvement on the sheriff’s oversight board authorized by Florida statute.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car