BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Despite a nationwide push for better and more oversight of police operations, the Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners has rejected a call for a citizen oversight board to monitor the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
From the Board of Commissioner’s own report:
Citizens Review Board – decided against establishing an independent citizens review board to investigate complaints of alleged misconduct by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The panel would have no oversight authority and significantly limited powers. Staff will contact the sheriff to discuss opportunities for citizen involvement on the sheriff’s oversight board authorized by Florida statute.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election