BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With a new ordinance banning panhandlers from panhandling in the middle of Palm Beach County streets, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is encouraging those inclined to give something to do so by text.
Working with TheHomelessPlan.org, PBSO is distributing the flyer you see here — encouraging anyone wants to help the homeless to do so by texting “I Gave” to 20222. A donation of $5 will be charged to your cell phone bill. Messaging and data rates apply.
TheHomelessPlan.org is part of Palm Beach County’s Homeless Advisory Board, an official advisory board to the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners. In other words, it’s legit.
Learn more by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 877-5FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Home Values Dropping, Selling Fast
- Rental Assistance Offered By City of Boynton Beach
- Florida Residents Scammed By Former NFL Player Says DOJ
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary