BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With a new ordinance banning panhandlers from panhandling in the middle of Palm Beach County streets, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is encouraging those inclined to give something to do so by text.
Working with TheHomelessPlan.org, PBSO is distributing the flyer you see here — encouraging anyone wants to help the homeless to do so by texting “I Gave” to 20222. A donation of $5 will be charged to your cell phone bill. Messaging and data rates apply.
TheHomelessPlan.org is part of Palm Beach County’s Homeless Advisory Board, an official advisory board to the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners. In other words, it’s legit.
Learn more by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates