BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With a new ordinance banning panhandlers from panhandling in the middle of Palm Beach County streets, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is encouraging those inclined to give something to do so by text.
Working with TheHomelessPlan.org, PBSO is distributing the flyer you see here — encouraging anyone wants to help the homeless to do so by texting “I Gave” to 20222. A donation of $5 will be charged to your cell phone bill. Messaging and data rates apply.
TheHomelessPlan.org is part of Palm Beach County’s Homeless Advisory Board, an official advisory board to the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners. In other words, it’s legit.
Learn more by clicking here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.