BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With a new ordinance banning panhandlers from panhandling in the middle of Palm Beach County streets, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is encouraging those inclined to give something to do so by text.
Working with TheHomelessPlan.org, PBSO is distributing the flyer you see here — encouraging anyone wants to help the homeless to do so by texting “I Gave” to 20222. A donation of $5 will be charged to your cell phone bill. Messaging and data rates apply.
TheHomelessPlan.org is part of Palm Beach County’s Homeless Advisory Board, an official advisory board to the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners. In other words, it’s legit.
Learn more by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Masks No Longer Required In Most Palm Beach County Buildings
- School Board Issues Strict Meeting Rules, Threatens Arrest
- Boca Raton Family Terrified When Man With Gun Won’t Leave Home
- COVID Captivity Case Kinda Kicked, But Palmetto Place Not In Clear
- Warning Issued: Uncle Louis G’s Ice Cream Boca
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home