WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From PB County) — The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is hosting a free Consumer Protection Fair on September 22, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Clayton E. Hutcheson Agricultural Service Center, 559 Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33415.
The purpose of the event is to inform the public of current issues related to consumer fraud and scams, and how to report businesses attempting to defraud consumers. Representatives from state and Palm Beach County agencies will be on hand to provide information and answer questions.
The Palm Beach County participants include the Division of Consumer Affairs, Library business librarians, Veterans Services, Contractors Certification Division, Victim Services and the Sheriff’s Office. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services’ participating divisions include Consumer Services, Animal Services, Forestry and Food/Nutrition/Wellness. Also participating are the Florida Department of Professional Regulation and the Florida Office of Financial Regulation.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner Adam H. Putman is scheduled to attend and talk with participants and attendees.
For more information on this event and consumer protection services provided by Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs, call 561-712-6600 or visit www.pbcgov.com/consumer. For informati
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days