WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From PB County) — The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is hosting a free Consumer Protection Fair on September 22, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Clayton E. Hutcheson Agricultural Service Center, 559 Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33415.
The purpose of the event is to inform the public of current issues related to consumer fraud and scams, and how to report businesses attempting to defraud consumers. Representatives from state and Palm Beach County agencies will be on hand to provide information and answer questions.
The Palm Beach County participants include the Division of Consumer Affairs, Library business librarians, Veterans Services, Contractors Certification Division, Victim Services and the Sheriff’s Office. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services’ participating divisions include Consumer Services, Animal Services, Forestry and Food/Nutrition/Wellness. Also participating are the Florida Department of Professional Regulation and the Florida Office of Financial Regulation.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Commissioner Adam H. Putman is scheduled to attend and talk with participants and attendees.
For more information on this event and consumer protection services provided by Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs, call 561-712-6600 or visit www.pbcgov.com/consumer. For informati
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery
- Doctor’s “Wrinkled” Hand On Private Part Tipped Girl That He Wasn’t A Teen
- Receive A Text About Real Estate Today? Ignore It
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Not Dropping
- Outrageous Agents: Boca Realtor Charged With Cocaine Possession
- Clint Moore Road Bridge To Close For Year
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School