UPDATE: Police confirm it may not be great parenting but certainly is not a crime to yell at a child. Police and DCF, by protocol, respond to all reports of alleged child abuse — that is why a police report was generated for this incident.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear how this led to police and DCF involvement, but both responded to a home in the 400 block of Ashwood Place — near FAU — after reports of a dad yelling at his daughter.
According to a police report, a 14 year old girl was the subject of the yelling. The father apparently told her that she will “never amount to anything.”
Aside from crushing her hopes and dreams, we don’t know what criminal statute this may have violated. It was logged as “child neglect, non-assaultive” in public records.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District