UPDATE: Police confirm it may not be great parenting but certainly is not a crime to yell at a child. Police and DCF, by protocol, respond to all reports of alleged child abuse — that is why a police report was generated for this incident.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear how this led to police and DCF involvement, but both responded to a home in the 400 block of Ashwood Place — near FAU — after reports of a dad yelling at his daughter.
According to a police report, a 14 year old girl was the subject of the yelling. The father apparently told her that she will “never amount to anything.”
Aside from crushing her hopes and dreams, we don’t know what criminal statute this may have violated. It was logged as “child neglect, non-assaultive” in public records.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette