BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm County Commision is thisclose to changing marijuana possession from an offense that lands you in jail to an offense that merely leads to a charge…on your credit card.
From the County’s own write up of the latest commission meeting:
Marijuana – approved on preliminary reading and to advertise for public hearing on October 20 an ordinance establishing a civil citation for possession of small amounts of marijuana. The proposed ordinance allows law enforcement to issue a civil citation with a civil fine of $100 for anyone 18 and older who is in possession of 20 grams or less of marijuana and/or marijuana drug paraphernalia.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COPS: Boca Raton Man Hid Cocaine In Vitamin Container
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched
- Boca Raton Man Accused Of Snatching Necklace From Wyndham Guest’s Neck
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic