BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm County Commision is thisclose to changing marijuana possession from an offense that lands you in jail to an offense that merely leads to a charge…on your credit card.
From the County’s own write up of the latest commission meeting:
Marijuana – approved on preliminary reading and to advertise for public hearing on October 20 an ordinance establishing a civil citation for possession of small amounts of marijuana. The proposed ordinance allows law enforcement to issue a civil citation with a civil fine of $100 for anyone 18 and older who is in possession of 20 grams or less of marijuana and/or marijuana drug paraphernalia.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA
- Palm Beach County School Board To Discuss New “Quarantine” Rule At Today’s Meeting
- FDLE: Boca Raton Officers Not Yet Cleared In July Shooting
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: 10,000 COVID CASES BY CHRISTMAS?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Another Tropical Depression Expected To Form Today
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5