BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: JFS) — With the increased need for companions who assist seniors in Palm Beach County, Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services (JFS) is offering a 2-day training program for adults interested in working as Senior Companions. Whether providing transportation to appointments and assistance with shopping, preparing a nutritious lunch, or enjoying a game of cards, Senior Companions improve their client’s quality of life with each visit, while enabling them to age comfortably in their own homes. The training program teaches skills and provides information necessary for working successfully with seniors who have a variety of needs including those who have dementia. The training will take place in Boca Raton on December 15th and 16thfrom 9 am to 4 pm and is being offered at no cost. To register for the training please contact Marissa Gordon, Senior Companion Training Program Coordinator, at 561.852.3333.
Sent from my iPad
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID