BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: JFS) — With the increased need for companions who assist seniors in Palm Beach County, Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services (JFS) is offering a 2-day training program for adults interested in working as Senior Companions. Whether providing transportation to appointments and assistance with shopping, preparing a nutritious lunch, or enjoying a game of cards, Senior Companions improve their client’s quality of life with each visit, while enabling them to age comfortably in their own homes. The training program teaches skills and provides information necessary for working successfully with seniors who have a variety of needs including those who have dementia. The training will take place in Boca Raton on December 15th and 16thfrom 9 am to 4 pm and is being offered at no cost. To register for the training please contact Marissa Gordon, Senior Companion Training Program Coordinator, at 561.852.3333.
Sent from my iPad
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW