BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We feel sorry for anyone who is taken advantage of, but you do kinda need to stop and scratch your head when you read this one:
Boca Raton Police report that a man sent $4,600 worth of “green dot” cards to a person who said he was from the IRS. The victim, apparently, was told that he owed seven years of back taxes.
When you ignore the issues involved with someone believing that it may be possible that they owed seven years in back taxes, keep this in mind:
The IRS will never call you and tell you to send gift cards as a tax payment. It just won’t happen. If it does, get a name and number and call the police. Don’t send the gift cards.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District