BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We feel sorry for anyone who is taken advantage of, but you do kinda need to stop and scratch your head when you read this one:
Boca Raton Police report that a man sent $4,600 worth of “green dot” cards to a person who said he was from the IRS. The victim, apparently, was told that he owed seven years of back taxes.
When you ignore the issues involved with someone believing that it may be possible that they owed seven years in back taxes, keep this in mind:
The IRS will never call you and tell you to send gift cards as a tax payment. It just won’t happen. If it does, get a name and number and call the police. Don’t send the gift cards.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday