BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Oh Mizner Tree, Oh Mizner Tree, what happened to thee?
The tree at Mizner Park has — for years — been one of the best faux holiday highlights in the faux land we all call Boca Raton. Dancing lights. Blaring Christmas music — with just a touch of Hanukkah happiness. The music and lights were constant.
But this year — and maybe we’re crazy but don’t believe we are — the tree is doing its dance just one time an hour — a dramatic cutback from years past. Kids are waiting and waiting and waiting, only to hear the tree announce at the bottom of the hour that its short performance will start again at the top of the hour.
And this leads to the idiots.
What do you do with kids who are waiting 45 minutes to watch a tree dance and sing? If you’re an idiot Boca Raton parent — or an idiot parent visiting Boca Raton — you let them do whatever the hell they want. (And this is not suggesting all parents in Boca are idiots. Absolutely not. Just the idiots who act like idiots).
BocaNewsNow.com watched Saturday night as idiot parent after idiot parent ignored the very obvious chain fence — not so subtly separating crowd from tree — and put their children on the platform that holds the electric masterpiece. Some kids looked petrified as their idiot parents snapped photos with Samsung phones (iPhone users would never subject their kids to this). One child almost fell.The parents thought it was hysterical. Another family had their daughter perform ballets from the Nutcracker Suite. It could have easily become the Headcracker Suite had she paid less attention.
And never mind the electrical cords powering the thousands of lights on the tree.
It’s unclear why Mizner trimmed the dancing tree. Once an hour isn’t enough. We believe it should run every 15 or 20 minutes — giving kids more of a chance to dance dance dance, and giving their parents less of a chance to be, well, idiots who will inevitably sue Mizner Park when their kid falls from the dancing tree’s platform.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected