BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca PD)– Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at 1900 South Conference Drive.
The victim, David King, told officers he awoke to the sound of his truck starting. He went outside and saw two males in his truck, backing it out of the driveway. King ran up to the truck, jumped on the driver’s side running board, reached inside and was able to put the truck into park. The driver of the truck punched King in the head then the truck crashed into another truck parked across the street. The two suspects, later identified as brothers Brandon and Gavin Bayer, fled on foot. King told officers his other vehicle had been burglarized too.
Boca Raton officers, with the assistance of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office aviation unit and K9 unit, located Brandon Bayer hiding in a nearby backyard. A short time later, an employee at Starbucks in Boca Center called police when a sweaty white male came into the shop. Officers made contact with Gavin Bayer and arrested him without incident.
As officers canvassed the neighborhood, they discovered that two bicycles had been taken from a fenced in back yard, and six other vehicles had been burglarized. Detectives were also able to link Brandon to another burglary and stolen vehicle from December 13, 2015. Latent prints form inside the Mercedes were identified as belonging to Brandon.
The brothers are facing multiple charges including robbery, grand theft, burglary, and resisting arrest. The brothers are suspected in numerous recent auto burglaries throughout the City. The investigation is on-going and further charges may be forthcoming.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police