BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you ever wonder if idiots live amongst us in South Florida, look no further than the report of a stolen Lexus from East Boca Raton. The thief apparently stole the car by using the car keys left in the center console.
Wait for it…wait for it…wait for it… the car was left unlocked.
It happened Sunday in the area of 2831 North Federal Highway — the address seems to be Big Joes Burgers and Wings. The car is a 2014 Red Lexus with license plate 1649YR. It happened between 5:55p and 6:40p.
From the police report: “No force, vehicle was unlocked with keys in the center console.”
We don’t know whether this was an idiot valet or an idiot owner, but we feel like we’re on solid ground to suggest that — while car thieves are bad — that leaving your keys on display in an unlocked luxury vehicle is bad as well.
We also don’t know if anyone activated Lexus Assist to track the car.
As a public service to our readers, please consider locking your vehicles and taking your keys with you.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton