BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca PD) — On December 29, 2015 at approximately 7:20 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a shooting at U-Park Apartments, 135 NW 20th Street. Arriving officers found the victim, Nicholas Acosta, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He died later that evening. On December 30, 2015, Boca Raton detectives arrested Donovan Malik Henry and charged him with first degree murder and robbery with a firearm.
The investigation into the telephone records of Donavan Henry revealed multiple phone numbers from the day of the murder. One of the numbers was registered to a Rodrick Woods. Woods” physical description matches a suspect who was captured on video surveillance, following Henry into the casino University Park Apartment shortly before the shooting. Woods was also seen running from the apartment complex after the shooting. Video footage shows a distinctive tattoo on Woods’ arm.
Woods” phone records place him in the area of University Park Apartments at the time of the murder. A cooperating witness identified Woods from surveillance video.
Detectives charged Rodrick Woods with first degree murder and robbery with a firearm. Woods was arrested in Miami-Dade County on Monday, January 11, 2016. The investigation is ongoing and additional charges may be forthcoming. If you have information about this crime, please call Detective Scott Hanley or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Ed Note: Donovan Henry was arrested and charged in the murder on December 29th, 2015.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High