BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’ve learned more about Kira Hill, the woman who managed to be charged with both a felony armed robbery charge and a misdemeanor traffic violation simultaneously.
From Boca Raton Police:
A Boca Raton Police officer was in the right place at the right time on Wednesday, January 13th. At approximately 9:30 pm, the officer was conducting a traffic stop when he was approached by a woman yelling that she had just been robbed. The woman was the manager of the Subway sandwich shop at 489 NW 20th Street and said a woman walked in, used the restroom and came out pointing a gun at her demanding money. When asked who robbed her, the victim pointed to a woman walking down the street.
The officer approached the suspect ordering her to stop. The woman ignored commands and continued walking toward her car. Two witnesses yelled to the officer that it appeared the suspect had a gun. The officer drew his weapon and ordered the suspect out of the vehicle. She was taken into custody without incident and the BB gun was found in her vehicle. Officers also determined the tag on the car was not the registered tag for the vehicle. The assigned tag was found in the trunk.
The suspect, Kira Hill, said the gun belonged to her brother and she switched tags on the car so she couldn’t be identified if someone saw her driving away. Hill also told police she has fallen on hard times and was desperate for cash. Therefore, she went into the bathroom, prayed, then came out and demanded the money.
Hill was charged with robbery with a deadly weapon and a tag not assigned.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance Two Systems Form Within Days
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon