BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton PD) — On December 29, 2015, at approximately 7:20 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a shooting at U-Park Apartments, 135 NW 20th Street. Arriving officers found the victim, Nicholas Acosta, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He died later that evening. On December 30, 2015, Boca Raton detectives arrested Donovan Malik Henry and charged him with first degree murder and robbery with a firearm.
The investigation into the telephone records of Donavan Henry revealed multiple phone numbers from the day of the murder. One of the numbers was registered to a Rodrick Woods, who was subsequently arrested and charged on January 11, 2016. Another phone number was identified and linked to Alexander Gillis. A cooperating witness identified one of the suspects as wearing a camouflage hat, green mask and armed with a handgun. She described his as 5’3” tall and a thin build and told detectives he shot Acosta twice.
Alexander Gillis’ physical description matches a suspect who was captured on video surveillance, following Henry into the U-Park Apartment shortly before the shooting. Gillis was also seen running with a pronounced limp from the apartment complex after the shooting. Video footage shows several distinctive tattoos on Gillis.
Phone records for Alexander Gillis show a route from Miami Gardens to the area of U-Park Apartments at the time of the murder. Lillie Johnson, who raised Gillis, identified him from surveillance video. Mrs. Johnson told Boca Raton detectives that Alexander has a pronounced limp from a gunshot wound he sustained last year.
Boca Raton detectives charged Alexander Gillis with first degree murder and robbery with a firearm. On Tuesday, February 9, Gillis was arrested in Miami Dade County. The investigation is ongoing and additional charges may be forthcoming. If you have information about this crime, please call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID