BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU) — Florida Atlantic University’s Alan B. Larkin Symposium on the American Presidency in the Department of History will present “The President and American Capitalism Since 1945” on Wednesday, Feb. 17 from 3:30 to 5 p.m., and Thursday, Feb. 18 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Carole and Barry Kaye Auditorium, FAU Student Union, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. Tickets are $35 for both days, or $20 for either day, and can be purchased by visiting http://www.fauevents.com, by calling 1-800-564-9539 or at the Box Office in FAU’s Student Union. FAU faculty, staff and alumni tickets are $10, and student tickets are $5.
On Wednesday, Brian Balogh will present the keynote address titled “Shopper in Chief: Presidential Leadership in America’s Consumer’s Republic.” Balogh is the Compton Professor at the Miller Center and the Corcoran Department of History at the University of Virginia. He founded the Miller Center National Fellowship and currently chairs that program.
His most recent book is “A Government out of Sight: The Mystery of National Authority in Nineteenth-Century America.”
Thursday’s schedule will include presentations from 15 academic scholars from across the country. Their presentations will be separated into three different panels throughout the day. Time will be allotted for questions from the audience after each panel.
The symposium is sponsored by the Alan B. Larkin Symposium on the American Presidency, which is housed in the Department of History in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters. It was established by the family of the late Alan B. Larkin to honor his passion for the American presidency. For more information, visit http://www.fau.edu/larkin.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District