BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com)(Source: Boca Raton Regional Hospital) — Ashley Watts, PT, DPT, WCS, CLT, has been recognized as a Board-Certified Specialist in Women’s Health Physical Therapy.
Currently, there are only 10 board-certified Women’s Health Physical Therapists in the state of Florida and less than 300 throughout the country.
The Women’s Health Physical Therapy board certification is granted by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. In order to earn such a distinction, Dr. Watts has demonstrated extraordinary proficiency in evaluating and treating physical effects related to a number of women’s health diagnoses including incontinence, pelvic floor pain, prenatal and postpartum care, breast and gynecological cancer, lymphedema and considerations of treating the female athlete. Women’s Health Certified Physical Therapists achieve this certification through a combination of clinical care, the completion of a written test and the submission of a case report.
Raised in Boca Raton, Dr. Watts completed her Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Women’s Health Residency and physical therapy training at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. She returned to Boca Raton in 2015 to assist in expanding the Women’s Health Physical Therapy Program at Boca Regional.
“This is a very special recognition that only a small number of physical therapists are able to achieve,” said Genie Lieberman, Director of the Gloria Drummond Physical Rehabilitation Institute. “The Women’s Health Physical Therapy certification is reflective of the skill and caliber of care that Dr. Watts brings to her patients.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center