BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBC Schools) — Federal agents arrested Preston Alexander McWaters, 25, of Athens, Ga., in connection with hoax threats emailed to School District of Palm Beach County schools. School District Police were in Georgia to assist with the arrest on Tuesday.
McWaters will face multiple federal charges for threatening various entities in Palm Beach County, including District schools. Details of the charges he will face are available through the federal PACER system.
“This arrest is a wake-up call to anyone who pulls these pranks and thinks they won’t be caught. School District Police is investigating every one of these cases, and we will find the people responsible and ensure they are punished to the fullest extent of the law,” said Superintendent Robert Avossa. “I am grateful to the tireless efforts of the FBI, School District Police and other law enforcement agencies, whose officers have aggressively pursued all leads since the first threat was made.”
School District Police continue to investigate other threats made to schools throughout the District. “Today’s arrest demonstrates that we take these cases extremely seriously,” said School District Police Chief Lawrence Leon. “I’m proud of my detectives for their investigation and their collaboration with the FBI.”
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS or online at http://www.crimestopperspbc.com. Tips that lead to an arrest could result in a reward.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing