BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBC Schools) — Federal agents arrested Preston Alexander McWaters, 25, of Athens, Ga., in connection with hoax threats emailed to School District of Palm Beach County schools. School District Police were in Georgia to assist with the arrest on Tuesday.
McWaters will face multiple federal charges for threatening various entities in Palm Beach County, including District schools. Details of the charges he will face are available through the federal PACER system.
“This arrest is a wake-up call to anyone who pulls these pranks and thinks they won’t be caught. School District Police is investigating every one of these cases, and we will find the people responsible and ensure they are punished to the fullest extent of the law,” said Superintendent Robert Avossa. “I am grateful to the tireless efforts of the FBI, School District Police and other law enforcement agencies, whose officers have aggressively pursued all leads since the first threat was made.”
School District Police continue to investigate other threats made to schools throughout the District. “Today’s arrest demonstrates that we take these cases extremely seriously,” said School District Police Chief Lawrence Leon. “I’m proud of my detectives for their investigation and their collaboration with the FBI.”
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS or online at http://www.crimestopperspbc.com. Tips that lead to an arrest could result in a reward.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton