BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca PD) — Boca Raton, FL – On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 4:04 a.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of shots fired in the area of 2800 NE 2nd Avenue.
Arriving officers found the 62 year old victim, Thang Nguyen, lying unconscious and bleeding on a nearby driveway. The second victim, David Bartolino, who sustained a gunshot wound to the arm, was found at Nguyen’s residence. Both victims were transported to Delray Medical Center, where Nguyen died.
Bartolino told Boca Raton detectives that he had an argument with several subjects in the street near his house. Bartolino said one subject punched him and then Bartolino left and went back to his house where he met with Nguyen. Nguyen, armed with a gun, and Bartolino went to confront the subjects. One of the subjects also had a gun and shots were fired.
Two male subjects involved in the dispute contacted police and have cooperated with detectives. If anyone has information about this ongoing investigation, please call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired