BocaNewsNow.com was looking at countertops — and interested in Silestone, a modern, popular countertop that is durable and fashionable. BocaNewsNow.com is all about durability and fashion.
The Silestone website says the local distributors are Home Depot and CL Kitchens. BocaNewsNow.com stopped by CL Kitchens on Monday to look at samples, but the store was closed in the middle of the day with a sign posted in nearly illegible handwriting saying that the staff was at an appointment and wouldn’t return. We checked again on Tuesday and, guess what? Another illegible sign saying it’s appointment time and no one would return during the day. It was signed Vicki.
On Wedneday, an early morning call to check store hours was never returned, but a visit at 2:30 pm found the store opened with a terse Vicki sitting behind a desk, talking to someone about a kitchen. Before a question could even be asked, Vicki announced she was busy, would be busy for the next hour, and will leave the store no later than 5p.
Just to state the obvious: this is a business that sells things.
Normally, sales people are appreciative when potential customers walk in and express interest. Not Vicki. Not CL Kitchens in West Boca. We asked to speak to a supervisor or area manager, but Vicki initially refused. She then took a name and number. To her credit, she passed it on to the regional manager who called a short time later to apologize, to confirm that CL Kitchens is — in fact — in the business of selling things, and to say that Vicki will be getting an assistant in the next week.
While we appreciate the call, the experience gives us great pause that deserves to be mentioned to our loyal readers: if you’re going to spend your money on a kitchen or countertops, you likely want to do it in a place where sales people are responsive, interested in your business, and accountable. We don’t know whether CL Kitchens in West Boca is any of the above, and we probably never will. There is zero chance that we would do business with a company that has unreliable hours, doesn’t return calls, and employs people more interested in announcing what time they need to leave instead of asking how they can help.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive