MIAMI, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — The FBI announces the arrests on October 24, 2016 of the following individuals for their alleged involvement in the April 2, 2016 theft of approximately 23,000 Apple iPhones from LAN Cargo at Miami International Airport:
- Yoan Perez, 33
- Rodolfo Urra, 36
- Misael Cabrera, 37
- Rasiel Perez, 45
- Eloy Garcia, 42.
These arrests were made without incident at the subjects’ residences throughout Miami Dade County.
The stolen Apple iPhones are valued at approximately $6,700,000.
These subjects are in federal custody and are facing federal charges. Their initial appearances are expected to be in federal court in Miami.
The FBI commends the close cooperation and partnership with Miami Dade Police Department and Homeland Security Investigations throughout this investigation.
The success of this case is evidence of the seriousness in which the Miami-Dade Police Department and its detectives take in protecting the integrity of the supply chain on behalf of our local businesses and the consumer. Furthermore, this case demonstrates the effectiveness of the long-standing relationship between the Miami-Dade Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigations in combatting cargo theft in South Florida. MDPD, HSI, and the FBI continue their investigation.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster