MIAMI, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — The FBI announces the arrests on October 24, 2016 of the following individuals for their alleged involvement in the April 2, 2016 theft of approximately 23,000 Apple iPhones from LAN Cargo at Miami International Airport:
- Yoan Perez, 33
- Rodolfo Urra, 36
- Misael Cabrera, 37
- Rasiel Perez, 45
- Eloy Garcia, 42.
These arrests were made without incident at the subjects’ residences throughout Miami Dade County.
The stolen Apple iPhones are valued at approximately $6,700,000.
These subjects are in federal custody and are facing federal charges. Their initial appearances are expected to be in federal court in Miami.
The FBI commends the close cooperation and partnership with Miami Dade Police Department and Homeland Security Investigations throughout this investigation.
The success of this case is evidence of the seriousness in which the Miami-Dade Police Department and its detectives take in protecting the integrity of the supply chain on behalf of our local businesses and the consumer. Furthermore, this case demonstrates the effectiveness of the long-standing relationship between the Miami-Dade Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigations in combatting cargo theft in South Florida. MDPD, HSI, and the FBI continue their investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors