UPDATE: The school board voted no to this agenda item which was added by Vice Chairman Frank Barbieri, Jr. You can view the discussion here.
Said board member Karen Brill: “I am completely disgusted and disappointed in the way this item was brought to us.” Barbieri added the salary increase proposal just hours before the School Board’s meeting.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Merely minutes after taxpayers approved the penny tax increase to help pay for needed school improvements, Palm Beach County School Superintendent Robert Avossa is seeking a $10,000 salary increase. The resulting $335,000 salary would elevate Avossa to one of the highest paid school officials in the United States.
The agenda item will be considered today by the Palm Beach County School Board.
While Avossa is receiving good reviews, he is also at the center of the iReady controversy. iReady — a computer program costing the county $6 Million — is considered a failure by parents and teachers. The system is inaccessible to families using iPads or Macs. BocaNewsNow.com has received scores of emails from parents nationwide stating that their school districts canceled the contract with iReady following disastrous results.
Avossa is listed as the owner of $798,500 home in Jupiter. His address is protected, by his request, under Florida Statute.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday